(Please contact Ginny to be on the announcement list for 2014)
- The Big Picture
Kick-off week begins Monday, February 10th! Be ready for up to 28 weeks of motivation, education, perspiration, laughter and self discovery!
Swim, bike, run... the basics of our sport of triathlon. Simple for some, not so for others. Whether you are a newbie triathlete just learning to swim, or a seasoned veteran Ironman looking to set a PR, your USAT Certified Coach Ginny Pietila, the Club Emerald Triathlon Team and the Club Emerald IronCrew will get you to your goals.
2014 celebrates the 16th year of the Club Emerald Triathlon Team!
Working within a team framework rarely found in triathlon training, we utilize the benefits of camaraderie and group experiences to complement your individualized training program. Blending the best of both worlds, our athletes receive a completely customized training program that is uniquely their own, and have the opportunity to train in the company of others with similar goals. Upon joining either team, you will enjoy not only your very own customized training plan, but also structured group workouts at the pool, track, and on the road. You will be pushed and supported by your teammates as you work together to reach your triathlon goals.
We deliberately keep our Team small to ensure that each and every athlete receives the individualized attention they deserve. You will not find a group of 100 or more athletes on our Team. Instead you will find a small (less than 25) group of individuals dedicated to their goals and supportive of each other. This "boutique" concept ensures nothing short of remarkable results and an unbeatable experience.
Coach Ginny will accompany, and often compete side by side, with all team members at local northwest events. We are local, we are hands-on, we provide results!
All athletes receive a complimentary subscription to Workoutlog.com for program implementation, tracking and communication with our hands-on coaching staff.
Coach, Ginny Pietila
- Co-Owner, Club Emerald Athletic Club on Mercer Island
- Six time Ironman Triathlon finisher
- Half-Ironman World Championships competitor
- Seven time marathon finisher
- USAT Certified Triathlon Coach
- Twenty year ACE Certified Personal Trainer/Instructor
- Heart Zones Cycling Certified Instructor
- YogaFit Certified Yoga Instructor
- Team oriented triathlon training
- Individual training programs written by our certified coaches
- Group tempo/track workouts
- Group swim workouts with coaches on deck
- Individual swim lessons
- Video stroke analysis
- Open water swim clinics/practice
- Heart Rate testing
- Establishment of training and racing zones
- All bike and run routes pre-set and mapped
- Individual, on-line training plans also available